Family Law Litigation

Getting a Divorce?
Need Modification of a Judgment?
Looking for Representation in Central Florida?

I have extensive experience in family law.  I have represented clients in Central Florida (Orange, Osceola and Seminole County), Dade, Duval, Lake and Polk County.  I have also represented those living outside the state who need local representation. I can help you with:

I approach family law issues from a compassionate, caring and practical perspective.  I provide personalized service and attention, as well as legal and emotional support.  I take care of the entire case, including complex litigation.  In my practice, I have found out that it is often preferable to settle a case amicably because it allows for faster beginnings and healing, especially for the children.  However, every case is initially approach in a bilateral way.  In the one hand we seek an amicable resolution while at the same time we prepare and expect to litigate your case to trial and appeal, if necessary.

Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)
Florida does not have legal separation. To get a divorce, you must go to court.  However, if your spouse has left and is not currently providing support, we can initiate for you proceedings for support (alimony & child support) not related to a divorce.  This means,  if you are not ready to file for a divorce, you may still file for support.  If you are ready to file for divorce a final judgment of divorce (dissolution of marriage) may cover a number of areas:

  • Custody of any children (Sole Custody, Shared Custody, Rotating Custody (joint custody))
  • Parenting Agreement
  • Visitation (Contact)
  • Child Support
  • Alimony
  • Action for Separate Maintenance
  • Division of Property (Equitable Distribution)
    • Divide marital assets
    • Divide marital debts

Modification of Final Judgments & Post Dissolution Actions
Many issues can arise after a divorce is final, requiring further attention either inside or outside the courthouse. We can help you with any of these, including:

  • Change of Custody
  • Change in Parenting Agreement
  • Change in Visitation
  • Change in Child Support
  • Change in Alimony
  • Contempt (not paying alimony, nonpayment of child support, or violation of any other court order);

Many issues in Family Law are handled through mediation. We are experienced in helping you through the mediation process.
Paternity & Other Family Law Matters

  • Paternity (establishing paternity, child support, custody, visitation)
  • Domestic Violence (assault, battery, stalking)
  • Parental Kidnapping
  • Stepparent Adoptions

Contempt & Enforcement
This area relates to the enforcement of any orders that the other party is violating, including but not limited to non-payment of child support and/or alimony, not obeying the principles of shared parenting, not obeying the court-ordered contact (“visitation”) schedule. We can help you if you are the Payee (the one receiving the payments) and need more money, or if the Payor (the person making the payments) is not paying, or not paying on time (this involves a Motion for Contempt). If you are the Payor, we can help if you need to modify the payment order or to defend against a Motion for Contempt..

Violation of Probation
In Florida hundreds of people are sentenced to probation on a daily basis. At the
time of the initial sentencing, probation seems like a wonderful thing. But what
many people do not realize is that successfully completing a probation sentence
can be very challenging. Some common hurdles are:

  1. Completing the special conditions
  2. Paying numerous fees and court cost
  3. A probation officer who just doesn’t seem to want to work with you
  4. Monthly reporting

In fact a large percentage of people placed on probation are not able to get
through their probationary period without being violated by their probation
officer. Most of the time a violation of probation charge will land you in jail with
no bond. It goes without saying that sitting in jail disrupts your life, your home
and your employment.

The Judge in your Violation of Probation case has many options in sentencing
which range from dismissal to reinstatement to incarceration. Do not go through
the violation of probation process alone. Prompt and aggressive representation
is needed to ensure that you understand your rights and to get you into court as
quickly as possible to resolve your case.

We Are Interested in Your Case
Divorce, and other family legal issues, can be extremely stressful and time consuming process. It helps a great deal to have someone who cares on your side. Please allow us the privilege to represent you through this difficult time.